Monday, December 17, 2012

Here

So often when i approach the time when I know I should write a blog post, I become anxious.
It is not writing that makes me nervous (though most posts are influenced in some way by sleep deprivation- and that often makes me nervous in retrospect)...

It is a balance and an awkward dance for me- to speak from my heart and current experiences but in a professional manner.
The words I put out "here" can be taken many ways.

As an abstract artist, I have grown to be comfortable with that in regards to my work. with my words and experiences- its an on going challenge to find the right balance.
(add to that challenge- how do I express the profound impact of my Christian beliefs without alienating anyone...)

Perhaps it is naive in a way, but I would like to honestly convey myself here. At the same time I can grow weary at the sound of my own voice, even if it is via text.


i suppose it might be helpful to give you a general context of who I am in case you don't know me.
I an 31 years old. I have been pursing a career as a professional artist for 9 years.
I bartend almost full time to help supplement my expenses.
About 14 months ago, Joel and i were given the greatest gift and biggest responsibility of being the parents to our amazing daughter, Annaleah. Truly- "mama" is the best thing i have ever been!!!

I find my time to create my work, catch up on business aspects of my career and post here late at night when she is asleep and often after at least an 8 hour shift of bar tending.

The baby monitor gives me the comfort of knowing how she is doing while I try to focus on the tasks at hand.

(And those tasks at hand most often involve trying to pour my heart fully into my work. )


Please bare with me as I continue to learn how to best communicate and convey a realistic picture of myself, my work and my business here.

Thank you for reading my blog and thank you to all of those who encourage and support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment