Saturday, December 15, 2012

Do it good

My heart is heavy for the families in CT who have lost their loved ones. The idea of losing a child is unimaginable, but to lose your child in such a way...
My heart gets overwhelmed- tears won't suffice. My prayers must be enough... What else can I do?

At some point, along with the busy schedule of bar tending and being mommy, the news gets turned off. And tonight I have to work in the studio on something that is difficult and at this moment annoying. I realize that this is all so trivial compared to what those families are going through...
But I have to get it done.

A song comes to mind. The same one often pops into my head during such challenging scenarios in the studio, and one line in particular.

"Just do what you do and do it good"

From "Do it Good" by Bill Withers.
In this part of the song bill withers is quoting booker t. he was giving him advice as he was beginning to record his first album.
I know that it is grammatically incorrect, but at the same time there is a difference between "good" and "well". It resonates with me and I'm grateful for the simple words giving good advice on a funky background in my head as I get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment