Monday, July 13, 2015

Theif

While cleaning out my studio recently, I stumbled upon that same old box...
Where I stick the credit card offers that I receive several times a week. It's been a long time since I shredded these sensitive documents and the build up was occupying precious space in my small studio.
I thought that I could make a game out of it with my daughter. Then I thought- what the heck, why not make art out of it?!

We shredded the documents and then set them to soak in a very large bucket.

I was about to run to our local Ace to get materials to construct the paper making screens when I happened upon 3 screens in a neighbor's trash. Excellent.

We were able to get 6 sheets out of the mangled mess. After pulling the sheets and letting them dry, I have begun to embed them into the base of encaustic paintings.

See below:
(In progress)
"Thief No.1"
Encaustic and credit card offers on panel
 


No comments:

Post a Comment