Tuesday, July 29, 2014

For sale

I am stubborn in some things...
I am a lover of art  and art history- seeing artist's work transform as their creativity interacts with their life... I believe an artist should create what they "need " to in a rather altruistic way. An artist creates their own legacy with their work.

I do some commissions- but they are usually a challenge for me ( to say the least)- to pour your heart and soul into a piece within the precieved constraints and then to simply be told- " no, that's not it"  is less then fun.
In fact it's Heart wrenching for me...

I have colleagues that paint what they know will sell. Can I blame them ? But will I do it? 

No.
will be stubborn. I will constantly challenge myself to grow as an artist. 
Time and energy are very valuable things to me these days. I will not waste myself on the hopes of pleasing a buyer . I will continually challenge myself to do better with all my heart... In faith. If no one likes it, I'm kind of screwed. But thus far , I've gotten lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment