Thursday, September 12, 2013

Seraphina

About 3 years ago I saw a news story online about a family in which everyone was killed- mother, children- except for the young girl, Seraphina. She survived because her older sister covered her as a human shield to the gun man (who I believe was an estranged relative).

She was the sole survivor. 

This story has ached upon my heart over the years.  Findind nothing to turn to in all of my googling but prayer, I still long to know that she's ok. In the current body of work that I'm relentlessly pursuing to finish for next week , you will find a painting attributed to her. Though I 
know it can't even begin to capture what she's been through- it is me (a stranger who is deeply longing for her well being)'s expression of empathetic grief over the situation.

Oh sweet child- may God give you much comfort and may love and peace abundantly surround you.

No comments:

Post a Comment