Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflecting- gratitude

I'm moved tonight.  Not in response to any particular event, just a general feeling of gratitude...

I create. I aim to pour my heart and soul into my works of art. They have all of my effort, my name, the name I've given them, but in a way they do not really come into their own until somebody wants them, loves them, has to have them. Then they become "yours" in a sense and in this way that makes it complete. 
Unless it's a commission, when I wrestled to find it in the studio, I did not know that it would be  "yours". I pour myself into these paintings and put them out there.
When they find their home, I'm not only glad to make a sale, but I'm excited because it has come full circle. It's beautiful and continually humbling.

To those who have supported me- thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
To my collectors- thank you in that same way, but please know that you literally provided me the means to keep doing what I love and feel called to do and i am so very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment