Sunday, August 26, 2012

burlap & bean

Burlap & Bean mural day 6:
This is an ongoing project that I have been working almost every Sunday. I aimed to pour myself into these four walls as I do my paintings. An unfortunate (?) byproduct of this is that I developed a love hate relationship with it. I arrive and wrestle with it all day. I go home exhausted and spend the rest of the week pining over photos of how I left it the Sunday before. I create plan after plan of what I will do when I am able to work on it again. I arrive and begin working and usually around 2 hours in the plans are thrown to the wind and I'm lost in the fight. I was sure I could finish it today. I worked really hard but things just didn't come together. I left feeling defeated but as I sit now looking over the photos of today's work, the pining is already beginning again. I'm going to miss this! But I do look forward to reclaiming Sunday's for my family and having more to give in my studio. Thank you, Tara and Brent for your patience and encouragement! To think I was sure at the start that I'd have it done in 4 days. I should have known better!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment